Centre for Entrepreneurship Development
Dr. Poornima M. Charantimath
B.E., M.S., Ph.D.
B.E., M.S., Ph.D.
Experience: 26 years in Teaching, Consultancy, Industry and Administration.
VisionTo become a Centre of Excellence in Entrepreneurship Education & Training and a Resource Centre for Research & Project Guidance for Entrepreneurial Opportunities.
MissionTo provide required eco-system in the form of education, experimental learning, mentorship and networking so that interested students can become entrepreneurs.
ObjectivesImparting necessary knowledge and developing skills to develop entrepreneurial mindset. Organising various events to showcase the Ideas and Business Plans Providing necessary support to launch the venture.
- Promotional Event on National Entrepreneurship Award -2017 was organized on 24th August 2017 by the centre for students and entrepreneurs from Belagavi. Prof Satyajit Majumdhar, Chairman Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai spoke about National Entrepreneurship Award -2017.
- GIRISH BABU M. Founder & Chief Mentor GUTS Mechademy – Bangalore spoke on Creativity & Innovation during contact classes held on 30th Nov. 2018.
- Certification Program on Professionalize or Perish New Mandate For Success of Family Businesses was held on 5th, 6th& 7th July 2018. Dr. Mita Dixit, head Family Business Division SPJIMR & Prof. Shivkumar Mani, from SPJIMR were the resource persons.
- Workshop on identification of business opportunities & preparation of Business Plan on 10th 2019 for the students enrolled for One year Open Learning Diploma in Entrepreneurship and Business Management (DEBM) in collaboration with Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII), Ahmedabad.
- Mr. Yashaswi Nag, resource person of the workshop spoke on the topic design thinking and its application for generating business ideas and preparation of DPR.
- Executive Development Programme on Family Business Dynamics & Growth on 28th -29th June 2019. Mr. Natarajan Krishnan Principal Consultant, human endeavour, Bengaluru, a certified family business advisor from “Business Family Foundation” Montreal Canada was the resource person. Mr. Krishnan, spoke on the priority areas for growth of family business participated in the program.Dr. Nupur Bang, Associate Director, Thomas Schmidheiny centre for family enterprise spoke on key challenges of family business belonging to MSME Sector. Dr. Poornima Charantimath, Professor spoke on building blocks of family business.
- Antaraprerana 2019 is a flagship, in-house annual Business Plan competition jointly organized by the KLS institute of Management Education and Research Belagavi and Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII), Ahmedabad. The event was inaugurated on 28th May 2019, by Mr. Sujit Hukkerikar, founder, ADIS technologies, housed in incubation centre of Sand Box startups at KLS IMER, Belagavi.